“Excuse me! - Bothering people
This one is a general collection of expressions to use when you must bother someone for ANY particular reason…
…asking people to be quiet
…permission and requests
…thanking and replying
…getting somebody’s attention
Excuse me!- Audio Jukebox
Asking people to be quiet
- Shut up! [impolite]
- Quiet! / kwaöWt / Be quiet!
- Could you be quiet, please?
- Excuse me, is anyone sitting here?
- Sorry, have you got the time, please?
- I think we’ve met before, haven’t we?
- It’s really hot, isn’t it?
- Are you going all the way to San Francisco?
- Could I use your pen?
- Do you mind if I borrow your dictionary?
- (‘Do you mind if I…?’ means ‘Is it a problem for you if I…?’)
- Excuse me, have you got a moment?
- Sorry to bother you, but could I just ask you something?
- Excuse me, can you spare a minute or two?
- Excuse me, are you in a hurry?
- Sure.Go ahead.
- It depends what it is.
- Sorry, I’m late already.
Permission and requests
Getting somebody’s attention
To teach and practice spoken English, we offer commonly used English Expressions for daily communication & dialogues We also provide pronunciation materials which help in the teaching and learning of a standard English pronunciation.We provide exercises to study or teach them, like mp3 audio downloads, printable worksheets and self-grading exercises.
We have tried to make Englishpond.com a site which offers something for anyone. Our Extras page has all the many tools you may need. We have online dictionaries, translators and more.
ESL/EFL/ESOL Resources- Map
ESL Search Engine
Find English Materials
We offer several ESL/EFL E-books that are hot on most ESL/EFL/English educators' lists. The materials are easy to download and use. They help teachers in the lesson plans and teaching.
Our ESL store puts power English teaching and learning materials within your grasp. There are downloadable E-books, Powerpoint Lessons, Phonetic courseware and lesson plan materials of all kind. Find out more>>>.
This English for Kids Course E-books has over 300 exercises. They include: Printables worksheets, Flashcards, Powerpoint presentations, Video presentations, mp3 audio and all the tools you need to deliver a fantastic lesson to ESL/EFL Young Learners. Find out more>>>.